Getting there slowly

I'm getting there slowly. All pictures that were stored in my old image gallery are imported by hand, at least most of them. I've left out some sets but the best part is over here. I made a backup of the current state. From now on it will be a hard time coding I'm afraid. I do want to import most of the content, and that means comments as well. And when I import comments, I would like to get the users in as well. At least, those users who have made comments on my website. Accounts without any comments can go.
So that means delving deeper into Drupal. Not that is a problem, it's more an amount of time I wish I could spend elsewhere. The design is pretty much done. Still got IE6 to fix, it works remarkably well in IE7, so that's a relief. Only the background png's are borked in ie so i will do those again as gif or jpg.
The how to's are in as well. again by hand, but that was easy, those were static pages anyway.

Tomorrow I'll start coding the import.

Theming Drupal

The third stage, after succesfully implementing my Tumblelog functionality which takes care of importing all my different feeds scattered over the net and building an photo gallery with the Image module it was time to take up theming. I've done theming before, but I wanted to do this by the book this time. I downloaded Zen and started a sub-theme. I was not impressed by the result and went back to the method I usually follow, take an existing theme and strip the of all theming information and rebuild the CSS.
This worked much better, still some issues of course, some things that need more attention, but the site looks almost the way I intended it when I did my Photoshop mashup.
I guess tonight I will tackle the final problems with the current theme and will be able to test every detail. Which leaves one daunting task, importing my current website. That will be the biggest hurdle to take. over 5000 items, 10.000 comments of different users, some registered, some not. But first I need to think of the location where the old items should end up on this website.

SimpleFeed it will be

Mvqgbl8r_0_0.jpgIt's growing. Last night I went to bed after a couple of hours playing with SimpleFeed. It had a nasty bug inside, but found an earlier reported way to circumvent the problem that items get imprted over and over again. It's almost perfect, just a tiny little issue left.
The paths are beautiful I think

It's time to upload the first image with IMCE and put some gallery modules to the test. It's photo time.

Drupal Tumblelog

I had no doubt it would be possible, to create a Tumblelog with Drupal as a platform. You see the thing is, I want to create this new website. Somewhat evolved from the old website. And I decided it would be Drupal based. I installed version 6.2 and delved my way through the available modules. At first glance there was a lot of choice. Since SimpleFeed referred to FeedApi and several sources claimed FeedApi was the way to go; I was sold.

Nou moet het goedkomen.

DSC00248.JPGNou moet het goedkomen.

Syndicate content
thank you for watching  Creative Commons License