silk screen print

gipsy woman

gipsy womanThis is the result of an assignment i got last week. It's silkscreen printing, but the first model for this print was 1 sheet of A4. So the first layer was one rectangle of pink with three tiny white spots which i covered with emulsion. The second layer, the yellow was the brushed away with emulsion, followed by the red and finally the dark gray.
This technique was so different of the one i normally use, prepare screens for every color only for the location where the colour should be.
After printing the red however the poster started to live and i'm pleased with the result, especially because it's not something i would produce when printing my own work.
The emulsion however is just to thick to really apply exactly at the spot you want it so the result will look like this one, a bit messy.

see through

see through
Yet another simple one. And i'm afraid that the complex ones need to wait till next year. The next part of our course we will learn a different technique to prepare the screen.

the office

the office
2 colour silkscreen print done for the course of the SKVR. Again I'm pleased with how it came out. The yellow on the print is a bit more mustard colour which is really vibrant. Next week a quicky which I hoped to do tonight as well, but I was a couple of minutes short. After that I'll do a more complex four or five colour print which will take a couple of weeks to complete.

Zebrahead

Zebrahead
Just one colour this time, and white ink on black. Though i lost some detail in the nose i'm still impressed with how opaque the white is on the black paper.

Chairman Meow

xiffy posted a photo:
Chairman Meow

I know that this is not my original, I was just trying out some methods to create models for silkscreen printing. The print came out rather well although in re-sampling the layers I added to much colour in the red.
The original can be viewed here

Syndicate content
thank you for watching  Creative Commons License